Client: Managing Director, Australian IT Distribution.
Australian business under significant pressures around margin and new Managing Director employed to drive changes at pace to lift margin and revenue.
Using the organisation’s strategic pillars, we created a business change program with four main streams. Using human-centred design principles and significant engagement across the business, we were able to create some fantastic outcomes for the business. In this example, I’ll talk about the Customer and Sales alignment.
Led a program to create greater levels of stickiness with customers and close customer gaps to achieve revenue targets:
- Completed a customer and vendor segmentation review with sales leaders showing greater opportunity in Tier 1 and Tier 2 accounts.
- Review of sales force structure to segmentation, resulting in the establishment of an inside sales team to support Tier 1 and Tier 2 accounts.
- Increased vendor and vendor product education for sales team members.
- Refreshed the value proposition for the client as a Distributor.
- Implementation a digital e-commerce customer portal for Tier 3 or long-tail customers.
- Inside sales team was established and achieved 125% of target in first year.
- Refreshed value proposition and vendor education resulting in increased confidence for salespeople.
- Greater understanding of Tier 1 clients, and account plans built collaboratively meant increased penetration across the
- New customer portal launched
Are you ready to make a change?
Let’s start working on your project today!